Where to get help

If you’re one of the many millions struggling as the price of almost everything goes up, there are organisations out there who can help. UK-wide, lots of charities and other organisations offer advice and assistance to help people make ends meets. We’ve listed some links to them below.

Advice agencies


ALISS is a national digital programme enabling people and professionals to find and share information on resources, services, groups, and support in their local communities and online.

  • ALISS can help you find information about resources like:
    • services that provide support for managing long term conditions
    • groups that support social and community connection (e.g., local choirs, book groups, befriending)
    • activities that offer opportunities for getting more active and for getting outdoors (e.g., badminton clubs, community gardens)
    • practical, legal, and financial support (e.g., money advice, advocacy services)
    • digital technology that can support health and social care (e.g., online forums, health related mobile apps).
    • Visit: www.aliss.org
Top of page

Aberdeen Action on Disability

Aberdeen Action on Disability was founded in 1992 as a user-led organisation to give a helping hand to people with physical and sensory disabilities in the city of Aberdeen.

  • Tel: 01224 641355
  • Email: office@aad-online.com
  • Address: Units G & H, Kettock Lodge, 2 Campus Two, Balgownie Dr, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen AB22 8GU
Top of page

Aberdeen City Council Financial Inclusion Team

If you live in Aberdeen city, our benefits and money advice team can provide free, impartial and confidential advice.

Top of page

Aberdeenshire Money Advice and Welfare Rights Team

If you live in Aberdeenshire our Money Advice and Welfare Rights Team can provide free, impartial and confidential advice.

Top of page

Citizens Advice Bureau’s

Citizens Advice Bureau – Aberdeen

Citizens Advice Bureau – Kincardine and Mearns

Citizens Advice Bureau – North West Aberdeenshire

Citizens Advice Bureau – South West Aberdeenshire

  • Bureau directory: 01224 747714
  • Outreach Banchory Office: 01330 825551
  • Contact us: www.swacab.org.uk/contact-us
  • Address: Suite 2, 1st Floor Offices, Westhill Shopping Centre, Old Skene Road, Westhill AB32 6RL
Top of page

Gordon Rural Action 

Gordon Rural Action is a registered Charity that has offered a wide range of free, confidential, impartial and independent advice for over 40 years.

Top of page

Hillcrest Homes Tenancy Sustainment Service

If you are a Hillcrest Homes tenant living in Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire our tenancy sustainment service can help with income maximisation, benefit queries and access to funds /grants including various charities.

We also have an energy advice service HEAT who can help with any issues related to your gas or electricity accounts including reducing your bills, dealing with fuel debt, accessing financial support for your fuel bills.

Top of page

Money Advice Moray

Our Money Advice Moray team help Moray residents with money advice and welfare benefits. The team includes a combination of Money Advisers, Welfare Benefit Officers and Income Maximisation Officers. It is free, confidential and non-judgemental.

Money Advice – can help anyone who is struggling with debt – this can be credit cards, loans, Council Tax, rent, mortgage payments etc. Please click here for more information and how to contact us.

Welfare Benefits – can help you challenge a decision on your disability benefits if you think it’s wrong. Please click here for more information and how to contact us.

Income Maximisation – can complete a full benefit check to ensure you are receiving all the benefits you’re entitled to, help you to complete the benefit application form and also help with budgeting. Please click here for more information and how to contact us.

How to contact us

  • Call 0300 123 4563 and ask for Income Maximisation.
  • If you’re a support service and want to make a referral please complete the attached referral form and return it to the email address on the form.
  • Referral Form (PDF) or Referral Form (Word)
Top of page

North East Sensory Services

Supports people with serious sight or hearing loss. NESS is an independent, local charity delivering the first integrated joint sensory services in Scotland

Top of page


Offering Support Advice Finance &  Education

Top of page


Over the phone, online or face-to-face we offer information about grants and funding, energy efficiency improvements for the home, fuel debt and billing, and much more.

Top of page

SMART (money advice project)

Our SMART money advice project offers FREE, impartial and confidential money advice to tenants of Grampian Housing Association who are facing financial difficulties. 

Top of page

Are you concerned about a child or adult?

Concerned about an Adult?

If you are concerned that an adult might be affected by any kind of harm, abuse, exploitation or neglect, you can call any of the following numbers:

Or, if you don’t need urgent help or advice, and are clear that the adult is ‘at risk’, as defined by the Adult Support & Protection (Scotland) Act 2007 (see Guidance Note for more information), you can report your concern to Aberdeen City Council using the following Reporting Form. Find out more about protecting adults.

Top of page

Concerned about a Child or Young Person?

Child protection is everyone’s responsibility. If you are worried about the safety of a child in Aberdeen call:

Contact us even if you are unsure, then we can take steps to assess the risk to the child and, if needed, to protect them.

Top of page

Benefit calculators

Aberdeen City Council

Aberdeen City Council’s benefits calculator will help you find out what benefits you can claim. The calculator is free to use, and the details you provide are anonymous.

Top of page


For information on income-related benefits, tax credits, contribution-based benefits, Council Tax Reduction, Carer’s Allowance, Universal Credit and how your benefits will be affected if you start work

Top of page


Find out if you’re eligible for Pension Credit and how much you could get.

Top of page

Policy in Practice

For information on income-related benefits, tax credits, contribution-based benefits, Council Tax Reduction, Carer’s Allowance, Universal Credit, how these are calculated and how your benefits will be affected if you start work or change your working hours

Top of page


For information on income-related benefits, tax credits, Council Tax Reduction, Carer’s Allowance, Universal Credit and how your benefits will be affected if you start work or change your working hours

Top of page

CPAG (Child Poverty Action Group)

Free, expert advice on benefit and tax credit issues if you’re a frontline adviser or support worker.

CPAG Scottish Benefits

  • Children and young people
  • Disability benefits
  • Help with council tax
  • Benefits for carers
  • Help with heating costs
  • Scottish welfare fund
  • Other Scottish benefits

CPAG More information about benefits in Scotland

Explore our wide range of factsheets and resources on benefits and tax credits.
  • Universal credit factsheets
  • Benefits for parents factsheets
  • Disability benefits factsheets
  • Benefits for migrants and refugees factsheets
  • Benefits for students and young people factsheets
  • Kinship care factsheets
  • Prison and benefits factsheets
  • Veterans and benefits factsheet
Top of page

CPAG Benefits for migrants

Resources and information on benefits for migrants.

CPAG Advising migrant groups in Scotland

CPAG in Scotland’s service supporting those working with migrant groups, including migrant workers, refugees and asylum seekers. We provide advice, training, information and support for organisations and individual advisers.
Links to all our essential information on benefits for migrants in the UK, including online handbooks, articles, tools and test cases.
Top of page

Request a breakdown of the calculation of a universal credit transitional element

Use this tool to help you request a breakdown of the calculation of your universal credit transitional element if you have transferred to UC under the managed migration process. It creates a note for you to add to the journal on your online UC account.


Top of page


Time-saving checklists giving ideas for maximising benefit income and finding other sources of financial help for your clients.

Top of page

Cost of living

Aberdeen City Council

The Council has a free support line for those facing crisis, experiencing extreme hardship due to the rising cost of living, struggling with mental health challenges, experiencing domestic abuse or concerned about a family member/friend.

Top of page

Aberdeenshire Council

With the rise in the cost of living, we understand that this is a challenging time. There are different types of support available, from government financial help to local services and advice. 

Top of page


Time-saving checklists giving ideas for maximising benefit income and finding other sources of financial help for your clients.

Top of page

Cost of Living Support Scotland (Scot.gov)

Your local council may be able to help if you need urgent help with things like food, heating and electricity

Top of page

Help for Households (Gov.uk)

Covers income support, childcare costs, energy bills, transport, and includes a discounts section.

Top of page


Aberdeenshire Council Employability service

The Employability Service is a confidential service supporting people with disabilities and health related conditions to achieve their employment goals. To find out about the Employability Service support in your local area contact:

Top of page

Aberdeenshire Council Employment Support Team

The Employment Support Team (EST) is the council’s central point for employment support. The team coordinates the Aberdeenshire Employability Partnership, which is geared to help people into work and training.

The EST assists anyone living in Aberdeenshire who is actively seeking employment or looking to enter education or training to gain full-time or additional employment. We can offer practical assistance if you are returning to the work market following redundancy or after an absence such as raising children or health issues or perhaps you are looking to retrain for a better job.

Top of page

Aberdeen Foyer

Web: www.aberdeenfoyer.com/


Fair Start Scotland poster
Top of page


ABZ Works is a service available to Aberdeen residents who are looking for support to develop confidence, knowledge, skills or experience so they can work towards achieving their goals of progressing into employment, education or training.

We deliver a range of employability programmes for those aged between 16 and 67, supporting people from all walks of life and at all stages of their working life. We also provide a range of redundancy advice and support.

Top of page


Offer one-to-one support to help people find the job they want, a free and confidential counselling service, a range of classes to help people build their confidence and skills.

Top of page

In a Crisis

  • The Scottish Welfare Fund provides financial support if you are facing a crisis or need help to live in the community. This is normally in the form of a one-off grant to help with living costs. The fund does not cover ongoing expenses. You do not need to pay the money back.

There are two kinds of grants.

  • Crisis grants – to help meet immediate needs after an emergency or disaster. For example you can apply for things like food, heating costs, nappies, toiletries and travel.
  • Community care grants to help people to settle in a new home, when moving from an “unsettled way of life” (for example hospital, prison or a homeless accommodation unit). They can also support families who are facing exceptional pressure. For example you can apply for things like furniture or carpets.




Top of page

DWP Contact Numbers

Benefit enq/Signing off: 0800 169 0310
New Style JSA Claims: 0800 055 6688
New Style ESA Claims: 0800 328 5644
Debt Management: 0800 916 0647
Universal Credit enquiries: 0800 328 9344
Universal Credit ‘Help to Claim service’ CAB: 0800 023 2581
PIP Enquiries: 0800 121 4433
AA Claims & Enquiries: 0800 731 0122
DLA Enquiries: 0800 121 4600
Child Benefit claims & enquiries: 0300 200 3100
Tax Credits enquiries: 0345 300 3900
Carers Allowance: 0800 731 0297
Maternity Allowance: 0800 169 0283
Social Fund enquiries: 0800 169 0140
Bereavement Benefit enquiries: 0345 6088 601
Kinship Care (CAB): 0808 800 0006
NI Allocation line: 0345 600 0643
Top of page

Non UK nationals and NRPF & legal services

Aberdeen Law Project

The first law project in the United Kingdom to be founded, led and operated by students. The Aberdeen Law Project (“ALP”) students are trained to undertake legal research, write letters, provide legal opinions, attend mediations, negotiate settlements and, if necessary, appear in Court. Our team advise and represent across many areas of law.
Top of page

Citizens Rights Project

Providing information, advice and support for EU citizens in Scotland
We provide online and face to face support in multiple languages
Top of page

Civil Legal Assistance Office

Do you live in Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire? Are you eligible for legal aid? Do you have a legal problem that falls within one of our case types? If you have answered yes to these questions, we may be able to help you. Contact us to discuss your legal issue and we will assess if we are able to take your case.

Contact CLAO Aberdeen to find out if we can help you with cases relating to:

  • Housing and homelessness
  • Some types of debt, money and welfare benefits issues where the input of our solicitor casework services can be most effective
  • Child Protection and children’s hearings
  • Some types of family law – those that involve an element of public law. We can help identify that.
Top of page

EU Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre

EU Settlement Scheme, Frontier Worker permit or Service Provider from Switzerland visa applications

Get help with:

  • questions about how to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme
  • questions about how to apply for a Frontier Worker permit or Service Provider from Switzerland visa
  • technical problems while applying online, including problems with the ‘EU Exit: ID Document Check’ app or your online immigration account
  • questions about an application that you’ve submitted
The phone number is different if you’re from a local council or another organisation helping other people to apply.

If you’re from an organisation helping others to apply

    • Tel: 0300 790 0566 Monday to Friday 8am to 8.30pm and Saturday and Sunday 9:30am to 4:30pm

EU Citizens Support Helpline (CAB)

  • Tel: 0800 916 9847

    The CAB EU Citizens Support Service has now closed. If you need specialist advice on the EU Settlement Scheme and your rights as an EU national, you can contact the Citizens’ Rights Project – citizensrightsproject.org

Top of page


Taking a leading role in advancing equality across North East Scotland.
Our services include support and advice for individuals and communities; translation and interpreting; counselling for adults and young peoplelanguage cafés and English classesinformation campaignsresearch; and celebrating the work of young people to promote equality in their schools and communities. We also provide training and consultancy for organisations, and take part in public and third sector partnerships.
  • Tel: 01224 595505
  • Visit: grec.co.uk
  • Address: 680 King Street, Aberdeen, AB24 1SL
    (in the Langstane Housing Association building)
Top of page

JustRight Scotland

We produce legal and know-your-rights factsheets about many issues that affect our clients – www.justrightscotland.org.uk/learn-more/legal-factsheets/ 
We offer a range of free, confidential legal helplines and surgeries –www.justrightscotland.org.uk/need-help/legal-surgeries-helplines/

JustRight Scotland – Second Tier Immigration & Asylum Advice

Our second-tier immigration and asylum advice line provides free, confidential advice for advisers or professionals working in Scotland.
  • Advice line:  0141 406 5353

JustRight Scotland – Ukraine Advice

We provide free, confidential legal advice and information to Ukrainians and their families on legal routes for seeking safety in Scotland. You can access our service, which is staffed by qualified solicitors and legal caseworkers.
  • Legal helpline: 0800 995 6045
Top of page

No Recourse North East Partnership

Working together in the North east of Scotland to protect the rights of and increase quality support to people with No Recourse to Public Funds
Top of page


Our work ranges from organising and mobilising EU citizens’ communities, informing people of their rights, holding the Government to account on the implementation of the Withdrawal Agreement, promoting access to justice, advocating for an easier pathway to citizenship and residence-based voting rights at local elections, giving EU citizens in the UK to change the narrative on migration, and advocating for social justice. 


Top of page


Aberdeen City Homelessness helpline

An emergency service operates from 5pm to 8.30am Monday to Friday. During weekends and public holidays, we provide a 24-hour service
Top of page

Aberdeenshire Council

Top of page

Shelter Scotland (Aberdeen)

We strive every day to give people struggling with bad housing or homelessness the help they need, through our advice, support and legal services. 
Top of page


If you are on a low income and have children at school, you may be entitled to financial support.

Support for Families 2023
Top of page


Provides disadvantaged families with the essential and basic necessities that No Child Should Go Without. From maternity bundles for mother and baby to nappies, formula milk, clothing, toys and equipment for children aged 0-18 years.
Top of page

Foyer Families 

Foyer Families is a 16-week fully funded programme created and delivered by Aberdeen Foyer which will help you to:

  • Achieve accredited learning and employability skills
  • Progress into further education and employment​
  • Support your child’s development​ through learning and play
  • Improve the health and wellbeing of yourself and your family

If you would like to sign up/refer to the programme please click on the link https://app.upshot.org.uk/signup/7c71f879/

Top of page

Homestart Aberdeen

We are one of Aberdeen’s leading family support charities.  Every year we provide practical and emotional support to around 200 families with young children in Aberdeen.
Top of page


Aberdeen City Council Furniture leasing scheme

The Furniture Leasing Scheme (FLS) is available to all tenants of Aberdeen City Council. The FLS is intended to help households equip their tenancies with essential household items.
Talk to whoever is helping you with your application as soon as possible and they can help you complete the application. You need to formally sign for the service charge for the furniture at the same time as you sign your tenancy agreement. It can’t be done after the tenancy agreement has been signed.
Top of page

Instant Neighbour

Instant Neighbour supports people on low incomes to set up home, by providing access to low-cost reuse furniture, white goods, clothing and bric a brac.

Instant Neighbour
5 St Machar Drive
AB24 3YJ

Tel: (01224) 489955

Somebody Cares

Through the kindness and generosity of the good people of Aberdeen & beyond, we provide free  furniture and much more to the poor, the vulnerable and the marginalised people of the area.

Furniture referrals would be through a worker who would need to attend with the client.

Top of page

Domestic Abuse & Mental Health

Aberdeen City Council Domestic Abuse Team      

The Domestic Abuse Team is a voluntary service which provides short to medium term support and advice to victims of domestic abuse to help them address the effects the behaviour of their partner/ex-partner has had on them. We can support individuals with safety planning in order to reduce risk as well as practical and emotional support.              

Top of page

Aberdeen Cyrenians

Aberdeen Cyrenians Violence Against Women (VAW) 

  • Offers support to women who are currently experiencing violence or abuse. They can provide 1:1 support as well as a 12-week Women’s Group programme, providing a safe, friendly space for women to meet others as a way of increasing confidence, improving social skills and befriending support.    
  • Tel: 0300 303 0903 option 4
  • Email: evaa@weareac.org

Aberdeen Cyrenians Domestic Abuse Support and Accommodation Project (DASAP)       

Top of page

Alcohol & Drugs Action

Alcohol & Drugs Action is a leading provider of alcohol and drug support services in Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire. Our services are open to individuals, family members and friends.

Top of page

Breathing Space

A confidential out of office hours telephone line for people over 16 experiencing low mood, anxiety or depression.

Top of page

Four Pillars

Provides a range of mental health and wellbeing support services for the LGBT+ community including group and
one-one support/counselling.

Top of page

Grampian Women’s Aid 

Free, confidential specialist service to women, children and young people in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire who have experienced domestic abuse.   

Top of page


A 24-hour health service for Scotland.

Top of page

Other resources you may find helpful:

Top of page

Primary Care Link Practitioners

  • Link Practitioners are based in GP practices. They work with local communities and colleagues both within and beyond the practice to support people to live better and have healthier lives.
  • The Links service for SAMH supports people with non medical issues they are experiencing, helping them to talk about what really matters to them. Link Practitioners offer non-clinical support to people, enabling them to set goals and overcome life’s challenges. Link Practitioners know what is happening in the local area, helping people access all their local community has to offer. 
  • Contact your local GP Practice for a referral to a Link Practitioner.
Top of page


24-hour helpline offering emotional support for anyone feeling down, distressed or struggling to cope.

Top of page

SAMH Information Service

Whether you’re seeking support, are looking for more information for you or someone you love, or if you just want to have chat about mental health, we’re here to help.

Top of page

Scotland’s Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline

Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for anyone with experience of domestic abuse or forced marriage, as well as their family members, friends, colleagues, and professionals who support them.             

Top of page


Andrew Bowie MP (West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine)

Top of page

David Duguid MP (Banff and Buchan)

Top of page

Jackie Dunbar MSP (Donside)

Top of page

Kirsty Blackman MP (Aberdeen North)

Top of page

Richard Thomson MP (Gordon)

Top of page

Stephen Flynn MP (Aberdeen South)

Top of page

NHS Advice

Social Work

Aberdeen Social Work

Adult social work duty team

The team offers information on services, assessment of service required and a short-term service – advice, practical support and counselling. If you don’t have a social worker and are aged 16 years or over, and want to discuss a problem with the Duty Team phone them on the number below and if necessary an appointment will be made for an interview to discuss the problem more fully. If you already have a social worker you should contact them directly.

Contact the duty team

Out of hours service

The Out of Hours team provides an after hours emergency service within the City of Aberdeen. A wide range of Social Work services are covered, delivering crisis assessment by a home visit or phone call. Referrals are then passed on to other social work teams and appropriate agencies. The problem will be discussed over the telephone. Whatever action is needed for the immediate situation will be taken. This may include a visit from the service’s social workers. A Mental Health Officer or an appropriate adult can be contacted through the Out of Hours service.

The service is available from:

  • Monday to Thursday 4.30pm to midnight
  • Friday 4pm to midnight
  • Weekends and public holidays 8.30am to midnight

Contact the Out of hours service

Royal Cornhill Hospital social work teams

There are 3 adult mental health teams and 1 old age psychiatry and rehabilitation team based at Royal Cornhill Hospital. They offer a social work, care management and Mental Health Officer service to people with mental health difficulties and their relatives.

Contact the Hospital Social Work Teams

  • Tel: 01224 557260/557734 (Adult Mental Health)
    Tel: 01224 557306 (Old Age Psychiatry/Resettlement Co-ordinator)
  • Email: cornhill@aberdeencity.gov.uk

Criminal justice social work

Criminal justice social work services aim to reduce reoffending, increase social inclusion of offenders and ex-offenders and enhance public protection. Scottish local authorities have a legal duty to provide criminal justice social work services.

Contact with Criminal Justice Social Work Services is normally as a result of report requests, court orders or supervision following release from prison.

Contact the Criminal Justice Team

Criminal Justice Social Work Team
74 – 76 Spring Garden
AB25 1GN

Children’s Social Work Reception Team

The Reception Team assess most new referrals for children’s social work in Aberdeen. They will respond within ten days to determine whether children are in need, or at risk of harm, and there is a need for children’s social work to be involved on a longer term basis.

Joint Child Protection Team

The Joint Child Protection Team will be responsible for referrals where children and families are assessed as:

  • at risk or potentially at risk of significant harm
  • received an unexplained injury
  • at risk of sexual exploitation
  • at risk of forced marriage

Tel: 0800 7315 520

Aberdeen Maternity Hospital Children’s Social Work

The Social Work Units based at Aberdeen Maternity Hospital offer a statutory social work response to referrals that primarily focus on working with vulnerable babies and their families, during pregnancy.

  • Tel: 01224 550 646 / 01224 550 594
Top of page

Aberdeenshire Social Work

Contact local Social Work offices

This page has details of your nearest Social Work office open to the public and the services they deal with. 

For children and families matters such as worried about a child or reporting a child’s safety concern you need to contact your local Children and Families team directly.

The Social Work offices cover these services:

You can visit or contact your local office using their contact details or by emailing us at aberdeenshireHSCP@aberdeenshire.gov.uk.

If you need an urgent social care service, outside office hours call us on 03456 08 12 06.

AreaServicesContact details
AboyneCommunity careSocial Work office
Low Road, Aboyne, AB34 5GW
01339 267745
Banchory                              Community care
Substance misuse
Social Work office
45 Station Road, Banchory, AB31 5XZ
01330 700415
BanffCommunity care
Community Learning Disability Team – North Aberdeenshire
Substance misuse
Seafield House
37 Castle Street, Banff, AB45 1FQ
01261 455810
EllonCommunity careSocial Work office
Schoolhill Road, Ellon, AB41 9AH
01467 537743
Substance misuse
Mental health services
Social Work office
59 Station Road, Ellon, AB41 9AR
01467 537740
FraserburghCommunity care
Substance misuse
Social Work office
13 Dalrymple Street, Fraserburgh, AB43 9BH
01346 415885
Criminal justiceSocial Work office
14 Saltoun Square, Fraserburgh, AB43 9DA
01346 415885
HuntlyCommunity care
Substance misuse
Social Work office
25 Gordon Street, Huntly, AB54 8AL
03456 081206
Inverurie Community care
Community Learning Disability Team  – Central Aberdeenshire
Social Work office
67 Market Place, Inverurie, AB51 3PY
01467 536700
Criminal justiceSocial Work office
93 High Street, Inverurie, AB51 3AB
01467 532803 criminal justice team
LaurencekirkCommunity careLaurencekirk Health Care Centre
Blackiemuir Avenue, Laurencekirk, AB30 1GX
01561 400739
MaudCommunity careOld Mart Community Resource Centre
Deer Road, Maud, AB42 4EG
01771 613967
PeterheadCommunity care
Criminal justice 
Substance misuse
Buchan House
St Peter Street, Peterhead, AB42 1QF
03456 081206
PortlethenCommunity care
Community Learning Disability Team – South Aberdeenshire
Social Work office
01569 690532
StonehavenCommunity care
Substance misuse
Criminal justice
Arduthie Road, Stonehaven, AB39 2DQ
01569 690575
WesthillCommunity care

Skene Health Care Centre
Arnhall Business Park, Discovery Drive, Westhill, AB32 6FG
01467 537745

Top of page

Trading Standards

Aberdeen City Council

Top of page

Aberdeenshire Council

  • For non-urgent Trading Standards enquiries, please contact Consumer Advice Scotland at https://www.consumeradvice.scot/ or on 0808 164 6000.
  • For urgent Trading Standards matters, contact Aberdeenshire Council’s Trading Standards at 01467 537222.
Top of page


Free bus travel with the National Entitlement Card:

Young Persons’ (Under 22s) Free Bus Travel

Top of page

Blue Badge

Blue Badges help people with disabilities or health conditions park closer to their destination. You can apply for a badge for yourself, on behalf of somebody else or an organisation that transports people that need a Blue Badge.

Top of page

Ukraine Advice

Help for displaced people from Ukraine

Information and support for displaced people from Ukraine in the UK, including family migration visa and the Ukraine family scheme. The British Red Cross is one of the charities supporting people affected by the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine who are now in the UK. The information on this page will help you and your family to find out about services and support that might be available.

Top of page

Scotland for Ukrainians: a guide for displaced people

This guide includes information on visas, travel, accommodation and life in Scotland.

Top of page

Ukraine Advice Scotland

People from Ukraine and their families can contact us for free, confidential advice on legal routes to seeking safety in Scotland and information on your rights and entitlements once you have arrived.

Call 0808 1967 274 or email ukraine@scottishrefugeecouncil.org.uk for free and confidential information and advice.

What can we help you with?

Contact us if you need someone to:

  • Listen to you and find out how we can help
  • Provide information and advice on money, housing, education, healthcare, learning English and building social connections in Scotland
  • Connect you with other services in Scotland that can provide you with help and support
  • Provide you with useful information about your local area
  • Let you know where you can access practical support, including digital devices like mobile phones

Ukraine Advice Scotland – Scottish Refugee Council

Top of page


Armed Services Advice Project

The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP) provides dedicated information, advice and support to members of the Armed Forces community in Scotland, which includes people who are currently serving in the Armed Forces, either Regular or Reserve, or a dependant of someone who is. Have served in the Armed Forces, either Regular or Reserve, or a dependant of someone who has. Or are members of the Merchant Navy who served in a commercial vessel in support of legally defined UK military operations, or a dependant. Our advice covers a range of areas, including benefits, debt, employment, relationships and housing.

The service is provided by the Citizens Advice Bureaux network in Scotland, and the funding group is led by Poppyscotland. We work closely with many organisations, both Service related and others, to provide support to the people who contact us.

Get in touch with the Armed Services Advice Project

RAF Benevolent Fund

The RAF Benevolent Fund supports current serving and former members of the RAF and their families, through practical, emotional and financial help.

  • Please contact us today if you know someone who is in need of support or to request help for yourself.
  • Telephone: 0300 102 1919. Our Welfare Navigators can be contacted Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4pm.
  • Email: welfarenavigators@rafbf.org.uk
  • Website: rafbf.org/help

Top of page

SSAFA The Armed Forces Charity

Get Help:

SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity is a trusted source of practical, emotional, and financial support for serving personnel, veterans and their families in their time of need. 

If you are a member of the Armed Forces community and you need help, support or advice from SSAFA then please phone Forcesline:

Print Friendly, PDF & Email